1.3

I have a home warranty with HMS, purchased by the seller of my new home.The touchpad on my oven is starting to go out and a couple of the buttons no longer work.

The oven still works, which I made sure of before purchasing the home. It wasn't until using the oven more extensively that I discovered the buttons were not working. This may have happened after I purchased the home, there is no way to know for sure. HMS sent a contractor out to inspect the oven.

HMS said the contractor claimed it was due to improper installation and would not be covered. FALSE. The contractor never said that to me or HMS. The contractor cleared that up for me and then HMS called back and said claim would be denied because it was pre-existing and my warranty does not cover pre-existing conditions.

FALSE. The warranty clearly states it does cover pre-existing conditions if they would not be found during a typical inspection of the oven. Now they claim they can't cover the claim without written documentation from a licensed home inspector stating it worked previous to purchasing the warranty. The home inspection would had to have taken place before purchasing the warranty.

The contract does not state I need to have an inspection done before warranty is issued. This makes the entire warranty useless. When I told HMS this, they argued that point, saying that they may cover other claims, such as electrical, "because they could happen at any time". Apparently, ovens can only break before you buy them (sarcasm).

It is obvious they are not going to pay anything to me, ever.

This warranty appears to be a complete scam.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of hms home warranty claim and associated monetary loss in the amount of $3000. HMS Home Warranty needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hms home warranty claim in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at HMS Home Warranty.

Had an Experience with HMS Home Warranty?

Comments

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #934088

Dear Anonymous, while a home inspection report is not a requirement for coverage, in some cases the report is used to ensure that you receive the full benefit of your warranty.I’m sorry that the outcome of your claim wasn’t what you expected; however there are many benefits to your warranty.

I would be more than happy to review them with you and answer any questions you may have about your coverage.

Please send an email with your name, property address and phone number to eRelations@HMSNational.com and I’ll contact you directly.Sincerely – Stephanie, eRelations Specialist HMS Home Warranty.