HMS sent an uninsured HVAC Apprentice (Carlos) to my daughter's house.He wanted to replace the inside unit of her heat pump, and didn't bother to "diagnose" the outside.

Related: HMS Home Warranty - HVAC rip off and the worst customer service EVER!

The company would not give us his last name or license number so we could verify his credentials. We managed to get a "Business Address". It was actually his home, so I was able to get his name and found out he was not qualified to do any work or even diagnose the problem in the state of Maryland.

Please be careful of who you let do work in your home and remember the person has to be licensed and insured, not the company when it comes to HVAC work!!HMS won't tell you that.

Review about: Heat Pump Repair.

I didn't like: Being scammed.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Hms Home Warranty Warranty
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with HMS Home Warranty?

Comments

Laura eRelations Specialist HM
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #966916

Dear Shamrock731, I’d like to look into this situation.Each of our service providers are routinely monitored by our Service Network Department.

We make sure that all of our service provider’s licenses and insurance are up to date to assure that a superior level of service is provided and safety standards are maintained.

Please email your daughters claim number and property address to eRelations@HMSNational.com so I can have this issue addressed.Sincerely Laura, eRelations Specialist HMS Home Warranty.

shamrock731
to Laura eRelations Specialist HM #979713

We have contacted HMS and let them know of what has happened.They do not care.

If you actually verified your service tech's credentials, than Carlos would not have been working for you. It is as easy as going to Maryland's Website and typing in a name. That apparently was not done, and now you are trying to not pay out our claim for the full $2500 we are owed! We want the refund.

If we have to file a lawsuit we will.

It has been 6 weeks!Pay the money