HMS Home Warranty - HMS using HVAC Apprentice Maryland

83 of 203 HMS Home Warranty reviews

HMS sent an uninsured HVAC Apprentice (Carlos) to my daughter's house.He wanted to replace the inside unit of her heat pump, and didn't bother to "diagnose" the outside.

The company would not give us his last name or license number so we could verify his credentials. We managed to get a "Business Address". It was actually his home, so I was able to get his name and found out he was not qualified to do any work or even diagnose the problem in the state of Maryland.

Please be careful of who you let do work in your home and remember the person has to be licensed and insured, not the company when it comes to HVAC work!!HMS won't tell you that.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
83 of 203 HMS Home Warranty reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Laura eRelations Specialist HM

Apr 02, 2015 #966916 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

Dear Shamrock731, I’d like to look into this situation. Each of our service providers are routinely monitored by our Service Network Department. We make sure that all of our service provider’s licenses and insurance are up to date to assure that a superior level of service is provided and safety standards are maintained. Please email your daughters claim number and property address to eRelations@HMSNational.com so I can have this issue addressed. Sincerely Laura, eRelations Specialist HMS Home Warranty.

0 0 Reply
shamrock731

May 04, 2015 #979713

We have contacted HMS and let them know of what has happened. They do not care. If you actually verified your service tech's credentials, than Carlos would not have been working for you. It is as easy as going to Maryland's Website and typing in a name. That apparently was not done, and now you are trying to not pay out our claim for the full $2500 we are owed! We want the refund. If we have to file a lawsuit we will. It has been 6 weeks! Pay the money

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.