Stay away from this outfit their warranty is worthless.Bought house in June 2016 realtor bought this warranty from the fund provided by seller.

January 2017 dishwasher stop working call the HMS they send the repair guy as per him “Control panel and door switch latch are not working erratically. Ordering new assembly. OP/Rs appr 4366”. He charge me $ 100 (deductible) on the spot and told me he will be back to repair the door switch latch after 11 days with new part.

Repairman came back and change the part, dishwasher still not working. This time he wrote on the ticket “Installed panel. However issue is tub itself is warped and not allowing door to close properly” Receive a call from HMS claim department while I was in office and they inform me dishwasher is not fixable and offer me $147 (REMEMBER I ALREADY PAID THEM $100 DEDUCTABLE) rather than replace the dishwasher as per warranty document. Warranty document on page 14 under II.BASIS FOR COVERAGE clearly state.

“ We agree to pay to covered cost to repair or replace the item listed as covered in your AGREEMENT COVERAGE SUMMARY if any items become inoperable during the term of this agreement due to mechanical failure caused by routine wear and tear”.I intend to file complain with BBB and Virginia attorney general office consumer complain department soon unless they replace the dishwasher.

Review about: Hms Home Warranty Dishwasher Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace the dishwasher as per home owner warrenty.

I didn't like: Worthless home warranty.

Had an Experience with HMS Home Warranty?

Comments

Is the warranty really worthless...I thought so but decided to give them a chance.

My dishwasher has been spoilt for about 5 weeks now.

Despite several calls, emails and assurances the service agents and the warranty company have treated us like they are doing us a favour.Perhaps I need to go the courts now